Monday, February 2, 2009

Husband

Growing up, I always wondered what it'd be like to be married. Would it be weird to live with a man who wasn't a family member? Would I really be able to pee in front of him? Would we be super romantic or more practical? Would we be social butterflies or home bodies? What TV shows would we watch together? What would we name our children? How would be serve the Lord together?

So many questions, and the answers are only found in actually walking out the day to day with the man I said "I do" to.

Having been married, now, for a whopping 9 months, I can say that I've found the answers to these, and many more, questions.

I can also say that, despite finding a number of answers, Chris, my sweet man, continues to surprise me, and I love it.

For example, on my way home from work tonight, he told me about all he learned today watching videos online about how the brain works, especially concerning sleep and learning. Apparently the 11 hours of sleep he got last night help him retain all the information he proceeded to relay to me about those videos.

And I loved it! I loved his fascination with these videos, and how he wanted to actually apply it to his life to improve things. I loved that he wanted me to watch them to and share in his fascination. I loved that he got aggravated when I wanted to work on this blog instead of watching.

Chris sometimes gets sucked into Wikipedia tornados, which turns into gold as he digs for little pockets of knowledge that he then share with me, so we're both learning about interesting, and sometimes ridiculous, things (see Winchester Mansion on Wikipedia).

So honey, thanks for sharing. Sorry I don't always listen, but please, keep talking.

No comments:

Post a Comment