Friday, February 27, 2009

Good Books

So I was looking over our book collection today since I've been home sick and have overdosed on old episodes of 30 Rock. We've got some good stuff on our shelves, and I thought I'd share a short list of possible reads...remember, I'm a girl, so some of these probably won't thrill any guys out there, but some might, so keep reading. I'll label the "girls only" ones...

Anna Karenina
Crime and Punishment
A Tale of Two Cities
Wives and Daughters (girls only)
Calvin's Institutes
Augustine's Confessions
Everybody Poops
Sense and Sensibility (girls only)
Oh the Places You'll Go (that's Dr. Suess)
Knowledge of the Holy
Peace Child
The Princess Bride
Hudson Taylor's Spiritual Secret
The Wheel of Time (that's 11 books)
Mere Christianity
Harry Potter (also available in Spanish)
Lord of the Rings
The Chronicles of Narnia
The Great Divorce
Spirit of the Disciplines
Spirit of the Rainforest
Rumors of Another World
The Weight of Glory
Let the Nations be Glad
Desiring God
Confessions of a Reformission Rev
Sheet Music (for married folks only...trust me)
Bridget Jones's Diary (girls only, unless you are really trying to figure out women)
The Radical Reformission
From Jerusalem to Irian Jaya
I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always
The Socio-Cultural World of Luke-Acts
Honor and Shame in the Gospel of Matthew
Tess of the Dubervilles
Systematic Theology (Grudem's version)
Red Moon Rising
The Last of the Mohicans (great movie too)
The Mists of Avalon (if you want to know what Wiccans believe--not for the faint of heart)
The Three Musketeers
Blue Like Jazz
Any of Shakespeare's plays...12th Night is my favorite...and Much Ado About Nothing

So there's a good place to start :-)
If you have any questions, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment