Thursday, May 28, 2009

updates

So I haven't posted in a few weeks b/c things have been busy! Here's a few updates...

1. Been working and having lots of babies (not personally...just vicariously through my patients). I've officially learned how to scrub, which means now I can be the person who hands the surgeon the scalpel when they say "Scalpel" just like in the movies. I also get to see inside people's bodies. That's pretty weird. I think the bad economy is making people stay at home more and make babies instead of just going out to dinner. Yeah for job security!

2. Been writing lots. My last blog post was chap. 1 of a book I've started, and now I'm up to chap. 15. I need some readers to let me know thoughts and offer editing advice. Any volunteers? (Shannon???)

3. The Over the Mountain tri is on Saturday May 30...in two days. I'm pretty nervous, mostly about sinking to the bottom of the lake in a flurry of other swimmers. The swim will be the hardest, so please pray I live, thanks. Its a 1 mile lake swim, a 28 mile bike, and a 6.2 mile run. That last .2 miles is going to be a doozy.

4. Being a wife takes up more time and energy than everything else combined b/c even when I'm working or writing or biking/swimming/running, Chris is always just a thought away, or a phone call away. Sure, marriage is work, but its the best job ever.

5. Doing it all for the glory of God--that's why I do all of the above. It makes all those things so much more meaningful and rich. I love all that I get to do, and even more so knowing its b/c of and for Jesus. He's given me a chance to serve my patients and my coworkers, to be creative, to be adventurous, and to love another person deeply. What more could a girl ask for, really?

So there's the updated list of what's happening on this end.

I'll be sure to update after the Tri on Saturday, if I'm still alive :-)

2 comments: