Sunday, March 7, 2010

Things I've loved during pregnancy

1. People rubbing my tummy.
2. Watching baby Baker turn flips in there.
3. Seeing Chris's face when he first felt baby Baker move.
4. Flintstone's chewables
5. Bella Band
6. Wireless bras
7. Eating organic
8. Tall coffee from Starbucks (I tried doing decaf but kept drifting off)
9. Goddess dressing from Annie's
10. Zofran
11. Bran muffins
12. Fiber One bars
13. "Secrets of a Baby Whisperer" by Tracey Hogg
14. The Birth Center
15. Talking with Chris about names and finally deciding on them...I think.
16. Other people's opinion about whether we're having a girl or boy.
17. Not knowing whether its a girl or boy.
18. Long walks with Katherine and Jena Marie.
19. Getting bigger.
20. So far, no stretch marks. Please Lord...no stretch marks!
21. Praying for our baby.
22. Wondering if he/she will be blond or brunette.
23. Refinishing a crib.
24. New water bottles that I carry everywhere.
25. Wondering how I'll cope with labor and delivery.
26. Talking with my patients about being new parents and about their pregnancy.
27. Seeing our parents get excited about being grandparents.
28. Registering (target/target.com and amazon.com, in case you were wondering).
29. Boppy body pillow.
30. Cutting back on working out. I still do, but not 2-3 hrs a day like before.
31. The prospect of going part time at work after maternity leave.
32. Prenatal massage.
33. Tom's Natural Toothpaste and Deodorant.
34. Indulging food cravings..thankfully they aren't completely unreasonable.
35. babycenter.com
36. Getting over morning sickness.
37. The awesome support of friends, coworkers, and family.
38. Anticipating being a mommy.
39. Maternity jeans...they make such a difference.
40. Tums


Anyone else have things they LOVED during pregnancy?

7 comments:

  1. Katie, this is great - takes me back! I also loved pregnancy (even though not everything was peaches and cream), and I can relate to many things you listed... the luscious femininity of it all, other people so excited about my bump - even strangers!, so much positivity all around me, the baby swishes and turns, et cetera, et cetera.

    And for what it's worth, even though I achieved some stretch marks during my teenage years, it didn't happen again with a baby. I walked away from pregnancy with just a small lighting bolt of a mark where my belly-button piercing used to be. A little mysterious, but alot awesome. :)

    Thanks for your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved never being alone, and all the little reminders of that. It could be the fact that I spent the majority of the past couple years pregnant, but I really do miss it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loves a lot of the things on your list... I love Baby Whisperer. Def one of my fave baby books. Here's a few things i've enjoyed so far, in my short journey.

    -not worrying about if I'm getting fat (seriously, can I be pregnant all the time?) :)
    -seeing my baby belly grow
    -Following Baby's development
    -Not knowing what the future holds and not being able to control it (bitter sweet)
    -no 'time of the month' :)

    Just a few things... I've got a ways to go, still. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww those are both great posts!! Some things I would have never thought of!! "Not being able to suck in to get around people/things" I would have never thought about that!! Glad you're making the most out of this experience!! I can't wait to have my turn!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha, TUMS are my lifeline! I am too wimpy to try zantac, so I live on tums, ice cubes, and milk! Isn't it the greatest to not know if it's a boy or a girl? It drives us crazy, but makes us so much more excited too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. loved my pregnant boobs:) maybe that's what you were discreetly saying when you said feeling mroe feminine than ever; sorry. also loved feeling like it was okay to be fat. and not feeling guilty about getting a whole new wardrobe (albeit a smaller one than I usually have, but still.)
    ~Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved reading your list! but I have to seriously disagree with #1 - I can't stand for people to touch my belly!! Unless it's my husband or son. (or doctor) My son is blissfully clueless - but he does poke my belly botton and say "Hi baby" when I tell him there is a baby in there. Then he looks at his own belly button or my husband's with the cutest look of wonder on his face. It's as if he's thinking "Do I have a baby in my tummy? Does daddy have a baby in his tummy?" But of course he cannot verbalize those questions yet. The innocence of a not-quite-2-year-old is priceless!

    And I LOVE my Boppy Body pillow too. Definitely a must have!

    ReplyDelete