Tuesday, June 16, 2009

my life soundtrack's newest edition

Often I hear songs that strike me and I think, "This would be part of the soundtrack," to the movie of my life. Whether it has some great meaning or just a pretty tune, I keep a mental list. The musicians and artists involved in the songs usually become some of my favorites anyway, probably because I listen to their song or songs over and over. I'm a chronic re-listener, without apologies.

Through God's gift to the internet called Pandora, I heard this British musician named Kate Rusby that I'm loving and can't get out of my head. I love the richness of her voice, and I love that she's dedicated to traditional folk music, and I love her hair.

I'd love to share my favorite of her songs with you. Thank you youtube.com for providing this great video.



Let me know what you think. This song is best enjoyed with a cup of tea, late in the day, with a few candles on the side.

3 comments:

  1. Lauren Everhart17 June, 2009

    Hey girl! I just recently discovered your blog and am loving reading all of your random thoughts :) When I saw Kate Rusby on yesterday's post, I just had to chime in -- she's a family favorite! My 60-year-old father will literally sit on the floor and watch her concert DVDs for hours. I have her CD "The Girl Who Couldn't Fly" which has a great version of "You Belong to Me" and a totally sad and beautiful song called "Fare Thee Well." Glad to know you're a fellow Kate fan :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous19 June, 2009

    1 dude playing a really cool accordian ($50), 1 mohawk wearing dude playing violin ($54), and 1 higlighted curly mullet looking hair chic playing guitar and singing with a really cool folky voice = PRICELESS...

    I could totally hear this song on the "Soundtrack of your life"

    It is classic KT

    **and I LOVE LOVE LOVE Pandora....
    Heather :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've got one of her cd's.....

    ReplyDelete