Sunday, March 8, 2009

Living Locally

So we've been challenged by our pastor to live locally, meaning to do our "lives" within the neighborhood around our church so we can really get to know people, know what they might need, hopefully meet their needs, and pray for them. It got me thinking--how am I going to live locally? What can I do in my neighborhood?

Here's some ideas that I ganked from Brad (my pastor), and some that I came up with on my own.

Eating at Bhan's, Elmo's, Jimmy John's, and Chubby's Tacos.
Coffee at Bean Traders or Mad Hatters. Both have wireless.
Books at Nice Priced books on Broad Street.
Haircuts at the Garden Salon (I think its within 5 miles of the church)
Violin repair/maintenance at High Strung on Broad St.
Bike repair at the Bicycle Chain on Perry St.
Soy milk and goat cheese at Whole Foods.
Other groceries at Kroger on Hillsborough Rd.
Gasoline at the BP on Broad St. The guy in the mornings is super nice.
Running around East Campus and the Club/Hillandale neighborhood.
Gift shopping at Morgan Imports and Zola's.
Swimming at Edison Johnson Pool off of Murray Rd.
Satisfying my Indian food cravings at Dale's.
If I had a dog I'd go to the dog park in Northgate Park. Someone should!

That's all I can think of right now...I'll keep the list going as new things come along.

Maybe its good for all of us to think about how to live locally so we get to know our neighbors and can participate in our community. It matters!

No comments:

Post a Comment