Thursday, March 19, 2009

Babies galore

As of late, I can't escape the babies. Let's take, for example, my job. Three of my coworkers are out on maternity leave with their precious little ones. One is 24 weeks pregnant and glowing. Several have kiddos less than a year old.

Let's also take my actual work--every patient I have is pregnant. You have to be pregnant to be on Labor and Delivery. Some are full term, healthy, and ready to deliver. Some aren't there yet, but they are close. I see babies born just about every day I'm there--I get to see the joy and excitement in parent's eyes when they are presented with this new life, complete with a hat and diaper, and wrapped like a little burrito in baby blankets. I can't escape them, ever.

Let's also take my sweet cousin, who is 10 days younger than me. She's preggers after trying for some time, and she is having a boy.

Then there are the 5 staff wives at church who are pregnant, a friend from seminary who is about to pop, two others who just did, another two here in Durham who are due in a few weeks...the list goes on. All in all, between Chris and I, we know 13 people who are pregnant, and five who have had a baby within the past 2 months.

What the heck. I'm surrounded.

And its catching...

No, I'm not pregnant, but dangit if I don't want to be. So bad.

For the first time since we've been married, I want a baby. Real bad. Right now please.

And while Chris and I aren't trying to get pregnant yet (probably next year), I keep thinking to myself, "It wouldn't be the end of world you know, if it happened early."

We'll keep you posted.

5 comments:

  1. Hooray! I will be praying for your sweet heart K!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, 5 staff wives are preggers? I only know of two. The Summit is definitely a baby making machine. The nursery better get prepared!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha - i hear this struggle. it will be a while for us as well, but there are just babies everywhere! - amy p.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know! It hit me after marriage to Kevin....I knew this world needed more of him running around!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, do I get to count twice since I had one in the past year and I am preg again... hahaha!
    Jump on the wagon, drink the water, whatever it is!!! I would love to see a little Baker baby!

    ReplyDelete